Preparing for Your First Visit
At Saint Louis Investment Advisors, the first step in the process is to determine your risk tolerance, goals and values. Be prepared to discuss your current financial situation and current life events, such as divorce, growing your family or welcoming a grandchild, planning for retirement, or saving for college expenses. Make the most out of your appointment by bringing questions about how we can help you reach your long and short term financial goals. Are you saving for a house? Would you like to find out information about eliminating debt? Do you have questions about building and maintaining a financial legacy for the benefit of your heirs or charity?
Keep in mind – the more information you provide, the better able your portfolio manager will be able to assist you.
In addition, you should bring the following documentation and information:
- Income documents such as W-2 forms or your tax returns
- 401(k) plan documents
- 403(b) statements
- Estimated monthly expenses including credit cards, mortgage, rent, or loans
- Investment account statements
- Social Security Numbers, birth dates, and addresses of joint account owners and beneficiaries
- Photo ID for each owner of your accounts